Cornwall Cricket Trust are looking for an individual to Chair and drive the Cornwall Cricket Trust forwards.
The Cornwall Cricket Trust is a charity whose objects are to support youth, girls, women, and volunteers within cricket in the county. To do this the Cornwall Cricket Trust requires a dynamic and passionate Chair to drive the voluntary organisation to develop membership and events within the trust which will generate income that can be placed back into the Cricket community via grants.
Since the Cornwall Cricket Trusts inception, trustees have been able to award over £25,000 to worthy causes within Cornwall. Grants such as machinery, bowling machines, players travel to and from the Isles of Scilly to mainland and into Regional Centres of Excellence. Cornwall Cricket Trust is committed to supporting its objectives for Women and Girls cricket, youth cricket and volunteering through supporting education in such courses as coaching, umpiring and groundskeeping.
All trustees of the CCT are appointed against a set of skills, knowledge and experience, to ensure balance across the trust, and follow the usual format of expression of interest, application and interview. This follows good practice guidelines but also allows individuals to understand what is involved informally , in the first instance, before embarking upon the interview process. It is possible to have informal discussion at the expression of interest stage and trustees would welcome meeting with all those interested.
Role of Chair is to:
- Provide leadership and expertise to the trustees
- Set and review Cornwall Cricket Trust’s vision, mission and strategic aims, and ensure that the necessary resources are secured for the charity to meet its objectives and review its performance.
- Review with the trustees, Cornwall Cricket Trust’s values and standards and ensure that its obligations to its members, and others are understood and met.
- To generate income to support the objectives of the Cornwall Cricket Trust annually.
- Be mindful of the future of the CCT in terms of its evolution and specifically regarding succession planning.
- Be aware of the unique relationship of the CCT with the Cornwall Cricket Board and ensure that this partnership is healthy, fruitful and well aligned.
- Alongside the trustees ensure that the charity does everything it can to ensure good governance.
The following three headline elements summarise the Chair’s role in generic terms:
- Leading the trustees and the charity to enable it to fulfil its purpose.
- To ensure an effective relationship between the trustees and the volunteers, external stakeholders/community
- Acting as a spokesperson and figurehead as appropriate.
- Plan and prepare the trustee meetings and the AGM with others as appropriate.
- Chair trustee meetings ensuring:
- A balance is struck between time-keeping and space for discussions.
- Business is dealt with and decisions made with actions.
- Decisions, actions and deliberations are adequately minuted.
- The implementation of decisions is clearly assigned and monitored.
- Ensure adequate support and supervision arrangements are made for the volunteers directly managed or reporting to the trustees.
- Ensure that a successor is found before the term of office finishes.
- A willingness to lead the organisation
- Possesses tact, diplomacy and powers of persuasion.
- Possesses relevant knowledge
- Has the relevant skills to run a meeting well.
Time commitment / remuneration
- Trustee Meeting – attendance at a minimum of 6 Cornwall Cricket Trust meetings annually.
- AGM – This is usually in February and the date is set in advance. Cornwall Cricket Trust trustees are expected to attend this event and all members invited
- Cornwall Cricket Trust official activities – Trustees are asked to attend official events, and relevant meetings to their position. This is accepted to be on an ‘as available’ basis and is therefore not specified as a number of events/days.
- Expenses – No expenses will be paid
- Remuneration – All Cornwall Cricket Trust Trustees are voluntary and unpaid.
If you want to give back to Cornwall Cricket, then the Trust could be a perfect position for you.
To apply, please send your expression of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org